Possessing a VALID ID is the key and access in almost all kind of transactions and situation (government or private). It contains a person’s personal identity such as full name, address, age, signature and a photograph.
As it is a proof of your identification; who you really are, possessing a valid ID is a must.
We need IDs in seeking for a job, in banking transaction, in claiming money, in boarding an airplane or, sometimes we need ID as a prerequisite in securing another ID etc.
Thus, our team in OFWhiring shared to our readers below the list of valid primary and secondary identification cards in the Philippines which you can use to establish your identity.
VALID IDs in the Philippines
These IDs are also known as primary IDs and their respective agencies that issues them;
- Philippine passport – Department of Foreign Affairs
- Driver’s License – Land Transportation Office
- SSS UMID Card – Social Security System
- GSIS eCard – Government Services and Insurance Corporation
- Digitized Postal ID – Philippine Postal Corporation
- PRC ID – Professional Regulation Commission
- IBP ID – Integrated Bar of the Philippines
- OWWA ID – Overseas Worker’s Welfare Administration
- Diplomat ID – Philippine Embassy
- OFW ID – Department of Labor and Employment
- Senior Citizen ID – Office of the Senior Citizen
- Voter’s ID – Commission on Election
- GOCC and Government Office ID – branch or agency of government (Example; PNP ID, AFP ID, DENR ID, DepED ID, etc.)
SECONDARY IDs and DOCUMENTS
These are the supporting documents that you can use to prove your identity in the absence of primary IDs mentioned above;
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Barangay Clearance
- Cedula or Community Tax Certificate
- Voter’s Certification
- Government Service Record
- School ID (for recent students)
- Elementary or High School Form 137 for students
- Transcript of Records from University or College
- Land Title
- PSA Marriage Contract
- PSA Birth Certificate
- Seaman’s Book
- Old Postal ID
- Philhealth Card
- PWD ID
- TIN Card
- Firearm’s License Card
- PLRA ID
- Company ID
- Alumni ID
- Credit Card with photo
Check here for more details on How to Get NBI clearance process.
There are cases in which we are required to present one or two valid IDs before we can continue in whatever transaction we are trying to accomplished. It is better to bring as many IDs as you can, to a have higher chances of successful transaction.
For more overseas work opportunities, government services and agencies updates. Like and follow us in our facebook page; OFWHiring!