Do you have SSS UMID Card? Yan lagi ang isa sa mga tanong during job interviews and also a requirement when you apply for work. Pero ano nga ba UMID Card?
What is UMID Card?
UMID stand for UNIFIED MULTI-PURPOSE ID CARD. It serves as a single ID Card for all SSS, GSIS, PAG-IBIG and PhilHealth members.
What are the uses of UMID Card?
- It is serve as a primary and valid Identification Card which you can use in transactions with establishments, offices and agencies.
- You can use the UMID Card to check your SSS membership status, loans, contributions, balance inquiry and to avail of your benefits with just one tap of this in a kiosk.
Requirements when applying for UMID?
A.) UMID Application Form
UMID application form are can be downloaded via online and it also available on GSIS enrollment centers.
Click the link below to download the application form;
B.) Primary Valid IDs
- Philippine passport
- Driver’s License
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) Card
- Seaman’s Book
In the absence of primary IDs, you may use supporting documents as alternative in getting UMID Card (any 2 of the documents listed below);
- Company ID
- School ID
- Senior Citizen Card
- Voter’s Identification Card/Affidavit of Registration
- Postal ID
- PAG-IBIG Member’s Data Form
- PHIC Members Data Record
- Police Clearance
- Taxpayer’s Identification (TIN) Card
- Transcript of Records
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate
- Marriage Contract
- NBI Clearance
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- Life Insurance Policy
- Health or Medical Card
- Savings Account Passbook
- Overseas Worker Welfare Administration (OWWA) Card
- Local Government Unit (Barangay/Municipality/City) issued IDs
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) member’s record/Certificate of Membership
- Certification from the Office of Southern/Northern Cultural Communities or Office of Muslim Affairs
- Bureau of Immigration- issued Certification of Naturalization
- Membership Card issued by private companies
- PRC recognized professional associations that issue ID Cards
- Firearm’s License Card issued by the Firearms & Explosive Unit of PNP
- Bureau of Fisheries & Aquatic Resources (BFAR) issued Fisherman’s Card
- ATM or Credit Card with cardholder’s name/Certificate from the bank to verify that the account number belong to the cardholder (if ever the cardholder’s name is not on the card).
Where you can apply for UMID Card?
Government employees can apply for a UMID in the GSIS Enrollment Center while private employees, self-employed and OFWs can apply at the nearest SSS branch near them.
Steps and Procedure in getting UMID
1.) Accomplish the UMID Form. Make sure to double checked all the information you have entered.
Below are the data asked on the UMID Form
- Full name of the applicant
- Name of the Father
- Mother’s Maiden Name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Home Address
- Marital Status
- Any prominent distinguishing features
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
2.) Submit UMID application FORM along with your IDs
Your UMID application will be verified by the personnel if you are an active member and eligible for UMID.
3.) ID Picture, Biometrics, and Signature will be captured
Once you’ve got verified, you will be asked to transfer to another window where your picture is to be taken, your fingerprints scan and for your signature to be recorded.
4.) Wait for UMID to arrive by mail
Wait 30 days or more to receive UMID by mail. Take note that the UMID ID will be delivered to the address that you’ve indicated on the application form.
5.) Validate your UMID card/ GSIS eCard
You need to activate the card or else it will be useless. Your card will be activated 72 hours from the time you validate your fingerprints. You can always ask the staff to help you on how to activate the card.
What are you waiting for? Apply UMID card now!
For more overseas work opportunities and government news and updates, Like and Follow us in our facebook page OFWHiring!