Are you an Overseas Filipino Worker? Are you a member of PhilHealth? Do you know your benefits being a PhilHealth member?
PhilHealth membership is required to all Filipinos working abroad, land-based or sea-based. Even a Filipino residing abroad with dual citizenship can join PhilHealth.
Overseas Filipino PhilHealth members, as well their qualified dependents in the Philippines can avail themselves the following benefits:
- Inpatient Benefits
- Outpatient Benefits
- Z Benefits
- MDG-Related Benefits.
Who are the qualified dependents of Overseas Filipino members?
- Legal spouse who is not a member of PhilHealth
- Legitimate and illegitimate children below 21 years of age, unmarried and unemployed
- Parents who are below 60 years old and not suffering permanent disability
Overseas Filipino members and their dependents can avail the benefits if they meet the following conditions:
- The availment period falls within the validity of the period of the Filipino member coverage
- The 45-day annual benefit limit for hospital room and board allowance has not yet consume
- The health care institution and health care professional are accredited (applicable only for the confinements in the Philippines)
How to file Philhealth claims in the Philippines?
Fill up PhilHealth Form 1 correctly and completely. Submit at billing section of the Philippine hospital where you or your qualified dependent are confined. It must be submitted before being discharge. Overseas Filipino PhilHealth member and their dependent can avail hospital confinement to any accredited hospitals in the Philippines. Dependent can get the same set of benefits as the principal member.
How to claim Philhealth benefits for overseas confinements?
Overseas Filipino members who are being confined abroad are entitled for PhilHealth benefits through claim reimbursement. Overseas Filipino members are given 180 days from the date of discharge, to file their claims. You can send documents either via overseas courier or via electronic mail (email) to the nearest PhilHealth regional office in the Philippines or in the nearest PhilHealth local branches in your Philippines address.
Documents you need to submit to claim for Philhealth benefits
- Medical Abstract or medical record written in English. You can submit a copy of Medical Certificate as alternative, but it should indicate the final diagnosis, confinement period and all medical services rendered.
- Copy of operative record in English if you have undergone surgery or operation.
- Your statement of account
- The official receipt issued by hospital and doctor where you were admitted.
Overseas Filipino who reached the age of retirement and already paid 120 months of contribution will be automatically granted to be a Lifetime members of PhilHealth.
Check or verify your records now! Are you a legitimate PhilHealth member? Well, it’s not too late to update your status so that you and your qualified dependent/s can avail all PhilHealth benefits.
Please like our Facebook page: OFWHiring and share our posts with your family and friends!
Follow us to receive the latest updates on overseas hiring and work vacancies and benefits from Philippine government agencies!!!