WORK ABROAD! BE AN OFW!
Ever dreamed of working abroad? But there are requirements you must comply to qualify in working abroad, and first is you must secure a passport. In acquiring a passport, there is a process you must follow. Below are the steps in obtaining a passport:
First, you must set an online appointment schedule at Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) website.
STEPS ON HOW TO SET PASSPORT APPOINTMENT DATE WITH DFA
PHASE 1 – HOW TO SET UP ONLINE APPOINTMENT WITH DFA
Step One – Proceed to the DFA website passport appointment system. Then sign up.
– When you see the statement “I have read and understand the instruction and information to this page, put a check mark on the box beside the sentence. Then click “Start Individual Appointment “.
– Choose the DFA Office from below where you want to file the application. Then, click Next.
LIST OF DFA OFFICES FOR ONLINE PASSPORT APPOINTMENT
- Cagayan de Oro
- Cebu (Pacific Mall)
- DFA Manila (Aseana)
- DFA NCR Northwest (Ali Mall)
- DFA NCR South (Alabang)
- DFA NCR West (SM Manila)
- DFA NCR East (SM Megamall)
- General Santos
- La Union
- Puerto Princesa
– Select your preferred date for your personal appearance and choose from available time slots.Then, click Next.
Step Two – Filling of application form.
– If the passport application form load, fill up completely all the pages. Click next till it is finish. Be sure to fill up correctly.
Page 1 – Personal Data and Contacts.
Page 2 – Information about your parents.
Page 3 – Application category and citizenship.
Select the types of application you wish to apply, whether you are applying for a new passport or renewing an old one.
Page 4 – Your home and office address.
Page 5 – Check and confirmed details
- Be sure that all the given information is correct.
- If there is no error, go to the bottom of this page and click “I am not a robot”
- Next, click “I am aware that possession of passport is privilege “.
- Finally, click on CONFIRM.
- Better use an active Gmail or Yahoo email account.
- Wait for the confirmation email from DFA for more additional instruction.
Step Three – Receiving Confirmed Schedule Through Your Email
- Check your email and look for DFA message you received.
- Click the verification link not beyond 24 hours after applying online.
- Download the PDF copy of your accomplished passport application form , then print it.
- Prepare all the necessary documents that are needed for your personal appearance.
PHASE 2- PERSONAL APPEARANCE DAY
- Go to your chosen DFA office/site for biometric’s data capture
- Bring money for the passport fees
- Bring all the needed requirements
Documents that you will bring on your appearance day:
1.) Birth Certificate issued by Philippine Statistic Authority (PSA)
2.)Proof of Identity (1 Valid ID)
- Digitized SSS ID
- Driver’s License
- GSIS E-card
- PRC ID
- IBP ID
- OWWA ID
- Digitized BIR ID
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- Unified Multi-Purpose ID
- Voter’s ID
3 .)Supporting Documents (2) at least 1 year prior to date application
- PSA Marriage Contract
- Land Title
- Seaman’s book
- Elementary or High School Form 137 or Transcript of Records with readable dry seal
- Government Service
- Police Clearance
- Barangay Clearance
- Digitized Postal ID
- Readable SSS E-1 Form or Microfilmed Copy of SSS E-1 Form
- Voter’s Certification, List of Voters and Voter’s Registration Record (please attach records)
- School Yearbook
Always remember there is a dress code when you show up for your appointment schedule. No shorts , no spaghetti straps blouses or dresses, no dress should be above the knee, no flip flops. No show or failure to show up on your appointment schedule will lead you of 30 days banned from getting another slot online. If you can’t make it on your confirmed schedule, cancel it ASAP!
For passport confirmation and other questions, dial DFA hotline number (02) 556-0000
Please like and share our Facebook page: OFWHiring